John Corry (b. 1771), along with William Montgomery, established a small timber business on the bank of the River Lagan in Belfast.
Established in 1814, JP Corry is one of Northern Ireland’s leading building suppliers, with a strong network of 17 branches across Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
John’s sons, Robert and John, opened up in their father’s premises as building contractors.
The Big Wind hits Belfast and business booms with all the repair work.
The area now known as University Street, Botanic Avenue and Mount Charles was built by the Corry brothers.
James P. Corry & Co. had more than a dozen sailing ships which expanded to the Star Line fleet in 1880.
With the Company’s continued expansion, new premises were being sought continually in Belfast. Additional space was taken in Talbot Street, Henry Street, Ship Street, Garmoyle Street, Frederick Street, and, in 1965, in the Springfield Road area.
The Company extended itself again and opened a branch on a two-acre site in Ballymena.
More branches are added to James P. Corry & Co. network including Bangor and Lisburn
James P.Corr & Co changed its name to JP Corry NI Ltd. and the logo to the current oak tree.
All branches in Ireland were rebranded as JP Corry